Monday, October 31, 2011

Implementation

I've been very successful with the Reverse Teaching part of my project, but not so much with the transparency part.  Despite the fact that I teach high school, my students' parents are not thrilled with the idea of their children's pictures being posted online in any way, shape, or form.  I tried at parent teacher conferences to remind them that this is why they all sign a media release form at the beginning of the school year, but to no avail.  I've got very, VERY few photos of my kids working that are usable, because of lack of parent buy-in.  They seem to have decided together that this is the issue over which they are going to dig in their heels and flat-out refuse to compromise.

That being said, the websites that I had my kids create are varying and incredibly cool.  Because they use Google Docs in their computer classes already, I didn't have to worry too much about teaching them the format of the website.  I did show them some tips and tricks, and we discussed how not to blind your teacher with yellow words on a lime green background, but other than that, I left it to them to figure out the different possibilities the site presented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment