Thursday, June 23, 2011

Student Post - Strand Session 3 - Robotics Learnings

Lots of different types of programming to look at.  I think they are pretty kid friendly as the puzzle piece drag and drop is something I know they will like.  I think as with all new learnings it will take a while to get good at but I like the idea of students helping students and find that it usually works fairly well with students.  I had never used pico at all and had a hard time with that.  I was amused that even though I had used Mindstream  once, I found it difficult too but I found the little bit we did with Scratch a bit easier.  I think it was because we worked with altering the existing games.  Having a format to follow or alter was simpler.  All in all, it was fun to do and interesting to think about doing with my own students.

No comments:

Post a Comment